May 23, 2013 (DJIA 15,294.72, S&P500 1,648.48)
US Treasury rates have been rising quite a bit lately.
The Five Year Treasury rate (^FVX) is at 1.074%, it was at 0.54% on July 24, 2012. 5 year Rates have increased 98% since July 2012.
The Ten Year Treasury rate (^TNX) is at 2.189%, it was at 1.394% on July 24, 2012. 10 year Rates have increased 57% since July 2012.
The Thirty Year Treasury rate (^TYX) is at 3.336%, it was at 2.452% on Jul…y 24, 2012. 30 year Rates have increased 36% since July 2012.
I think Greenspan once said that interest rates can not be predicted.
My hopes are that FED can continue to dictate interest rates, and when they feel it is proper to start to raise them. My fears are if the world ignores the FED’s mandate, and rates rise quickly.
When we design portfolios, the above has been a common thought process in our implementation and research of specific investments.
As always, we welcome the opportunity to discuss our outlook and investments with you.
Ronald R. Redfield cpa, pfs
Redfield, Blonsky & Co. LLC
15 North Union Avenue
Cranford, NJ 07016-1103
908 276 7226 phone
908 276 7274 fax
If you are a client of ours, and if you have questions regarding the company or investment mentioned in this report please call our office. If you are not a client of Redfield, Blonsky & Co. LLC Investment Management Division and are reading these notes, we urge you to do your own research. We will not be responsible for any person making an investment decision based on these notes. These notes are a “by-product” of our research. We are not responsible for the accuracy of these notes. We are not responsible for errors that may occur in these notes. Please do not rely on us to monitor or update this or any other report we may issue. In theory, we could come across some type of data or idea, which causes us to eliminate our long or short position of the company or investment mentioned in this report from our portfolios. We will not notify reader’s revisions to these notes. We are not responsible to keep readers of these notes updated for changes or material errors or for any reason whatsoever. We manage portfolios for clients, and those clients are our greatest concern as it relates to investing. Certain clients of Redfield, Blonsky & Co LLC may not have the company or investment mentioned in this report in their portfolios. There could be various reasons for this. Again, if you would like to discuss the company or investment mentioned in this report , please contact Ronald R. Redfield, CPA, PFS (partner in charge of investment management division).
Information herein is believed to be reliable, but its accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. Opinions, estimates, and projections constitute our judgment and are subject to change without notice. This publication is provided to you for information
- Redfield, Blonsky & Co., LLC (RBCo), only transacts business in states where it is properly registered, or excluded or exempted from registration requirements.
- Past performance assumes reinvestment of dividends and other distributions and may not be indicative of future results. Therefore, no current or prospective client should assume that the future performance of any specific investment, investment strategy (including the investments and/or investment strategies recommended and/or purchased by adviser), or product made reference to directly or indirectly in this presentation or on our website, or indirectly via a link to any third-party website, will be profitable or equal to corresponding indicated performance levels. The investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate and, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
- Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that any specific investment will either be suitable or profitable for a client’s investment portfolio. No client or prospective client should assume that information presented is a substitute for personalized individual advice from the adviser or any other investment professional.
- Historical performance results for investment indexes, such as the S&P 500, generally do not reflect the deduction of transaction and/or custodial charges or the deduction of an investment-management fee, the incurrence of which would have the effect of decreasing historical performance results of the S&P 500 Index. Whenever RBCO performance is referred to, results have been reduced by all fees, including RBCO management fee.
- Returns for the RBCO portfolios have been calculated using actual time-weighted returns obtained from all accounts over the time periods indicated. All RBCO returns assume the reinvestment of dividends and are shown net of the investment management fees and all other expenses. Please see our form ADV for a full fee disclosure. Actual individual account performance may be materially different from our composite results.
- RBCO files an annual form ADV, which includes an easy to read brochure. Form ADV is a valuable read for anyone interested in learning more about RBCO. Additional information about Redfield, Blonsky & Co., LLC is also available on the SEC’s website at http://www.adviserinfo.sec.gov. The searchable IARD/CRD number for Redfield, Blonsky & Co., LLC is 128714.
- The S&P 500 Index is a widely recognized, unmanaged index of 500 of the largest companies in the United States as measured by market capitalization. The S&P 500 Index performance assumes reinvestment of all dividends and distributions and does not reflect any charges for investment management fees or transaction expenses, nor does the Index reflect any effects of taxes, fees or other types of charges and expenses. The S&P 500 Index is one of many indices and is not necessarily the most appropriate index when comparing performance results.